THE BEST AIR PURIFIER BUYING GUIDE 2017
Best Air Purifier Buying Guide 2017 :
Sitting in your room, the air you’re breathing- how pure is it? Even the cleanest homes can contain tidy, pet dander, dust, and vapour. In the event that you have constant obstructive pneumonic issue (COPD) or other lung issues, airborne aggravations can make it harder to relax.
As indicated by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), indoor air contamination is among the best five natural wellbeing dangers we at present, face. The most ideal approach to address the danger of breathing dirtied indoor air is to dispense the indoor dirt with ventilation and filtration.
An air purifier is one approach to help influence hypersensitivity to season more wonderful. Air purifiers can help evacuate unsafe particles and repulsive smells, helping you inhale simpler and enhance your air quality
- Helps secure against the impacts of contamination.
- Helps reduce the side effects of hypersensitivities.
- Helps catch tiny, dust and pet dander.
- Helps dispose of microbes, infections and form spores.
- Helps lessen compound exhaust, smoke and scents.
- Circulates clean air, reviving your condition.
- Ideal for home and room.
An air purifier can diminish the grouping of airborne contaminations and allergens of the room it is in. The measure of toxins expelled by an air purifier will vary depending upon the details of the specific unit.
Various factors are needed to be kept in mind while purchasing the right air purifier-
- The right air filter- what to choose and what to avoid–
The quality and kind of filter decides the adequacy of an air purifier. Particular channels target distinctive segments of air. The channel must be prepared to channel things like dust, tidy, smoke, smell and other harmful contaminations. Alongside this, guarantee the air purifier has a pre-channel which can expel pet hair and other substantial particles from the air at primary filtration stage. You ought to likewise change the filters routinely to build the purifier’s life expectancy. The basic types of filters available in the market are-
1. HEPA filter- especially for people prone to allergies
HEPA filters, or High Efficiency Particulate Air filters, which are demonstrated to wipe out 99.97% of normal airborne allergens estimated at 0.3 microns and bigger. These incorporate dust, tidy, clean bugs, form spores, ragweed, and pet dander. HEPA air purifiers are viewed as the best air purifiers available
Ionizers charge airborne particles, making them cluster into bigger particles. This innovation supplements HEPA filtration, as it enables the bigger particles to be all the more effectively caught. In any case, ionizers are viewed as insufficient without HEPA filtration, as it doesn’t evacuate a lot of particles. It is imperative to likewise take note of some ionizers that produce ozone, which is a lung irritant, and hence they should be avoided.
- Activated carbon filter–
This is especially for the purpose of avoiding odour. To target odour, you should decide on an activated carbon filter along with the standard HEPA filter. These filters help lessen scent by retaining smoke, cooking smells, pet smells and different aggravations. There are a few types of activated carbon filter. Some of them are light mesh like which avoids cooking scents. Then again, a few filters offer enacted carbon pellets which can evacuate vaporous and substance scents.
- UV Light filters–
Ultra violet light (UV) can be utilized to kill microbes that amass on air purifier channels. The way to adequacy is exposure time, so advantages will change contingent upon the particular air purifier model. These air purifiers also should be avoided, because of the known hazardous affects of the UV light.
- Room size and portability–
To pick the correct size air purifier for your requirements, consider the area of the room you need to clean. You can compute the area by measuring the length and width of the treatment region in feet and duplicating the 2 numbers together. With this number close by, discover an air purifier with a prescribed square foot scope region that matches your room’s area. Note that portable air purifiers are intended to take into account just a single room.
- What do those terms mean–
-Thermodynamic Sterilization System (TSS): Purification technology that features a ceramic core that heat up to around 400°F.
– ENERGY STAR Certified: Products that save money, reduce energy use and protect the environment by meeting strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy.
-Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM) Certified: The AHAM’s Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR) measures how effectively an air purifier filters smoke, pollen and dust.
-Photo catalyst Filter: Removes toxic fumes and chemicals
– Air Changes Per Hour (ACH): is fundamentally how frequently an air purifier can clean the demeanour of its guaranteed scope range in 60 minutes. This is critical on the grounds that toxins always go into your room and the air purifier needs to continually clean the air.
While brands will brag about the CADR and scope of a specific air purifier display, they will stay quiet on the ACH. This is something you should ask and discover before purchasing an air purifier.
Noise levels are also something that should be kept in mind. All air purifiers come with fans and thus emit noise. It is suggested to choose the ones with a lower sound level, around 30-40 decibels, so as to not cause disturbance.
Best Air Purifier Buying Guide 2017
Here are some of the best air purifiers and their specifications-
- Philips 3000 Series-AC3256/20
Philips 3000 Series Air Purifier with AeraSense & Vita Shield IPS is one of best air purifiers in India. It has a wide range of features, advanced air purification technology and sustainability.
The advanced Aera Sense technology measures and displays real-time indoor air quality. Vita Shield Intelligent Purification System (IPS) naturally removes 99.97% allergens and ultra-fine particles as small as 0.02 microns.
- Sensor touch panel for easy user interface.
- 3 Specially designed air inlets for maximum efficiency.
- Turbo mode for faster purification.
- Powerful airflow with vortex design.
- No ionizer.
- Low power consumption in stand-by mode.
- Healthy Air Protect Alert lets you know when it is time to replace the filter.
- No remote control option.
- Bit heavy weight.
- Atlanta Healthcare Beta 350 7-Stage Purification Air Purifier
Covering an area of up to 350 sq.ft., this air purifier comes equipped with multiple features such as 7-stage air filter technology, HEPA filter, bacteria filter, activated carbon, photo catalyst oxidization and UV light and ionizer. Effective in cleaning air from bacteria, bad odours, smoke and allergens
Brand: Atlanta Healthcare
Model: Beta 350
- 7-STAGE air filtration technology.
- Ideal for indoor spaces that are up to 350 sq.ft..
- CADR (m3/hr): 170.
- H13 grade HEPA Filter.
- Timer and Auto Start.
- Pollution Sensor.
- Super Silence Technology.
- Odour sensor isn’t much helpful for strong smells.
- Average design.
Best Air Purifier Buying Guide 2017
- Gliese Magic Room Air Purifier, 5-Stage Filtration Air Purifier
This air filter comes equipped with multiple features such as 5 Stage Air Filtration system including Pre-filter, True HEPA filter, Activated carbon filter, UV light and Anion generator. It cleans the air from dust, allergies, gases, smoke residue (nicotine), pet dander, bacteria and viruses.
- Comes equipped with multiple features such as 5 Stage Air Filtration system and True HEPA filter
- Also has digital touch panel console
- May generate ozone gas that is harmful to respiratory tract
Honeywell is a well-known brand for their quality and technology. It has a multi-layer air filtration system which contains a pre-filter, HEPA filter (made up of glass fibers) and HiSiv filter. With an advanced double layer active carbon filter, this air purifier removes TVOC (Total Volatile Organic Compounds). It comes equipped with high grade HEPA filter and filter replacement reminder.
- CADR of 300 m3/hr.
- DIY Filter Replacement.
- Low power consumption.
- Sleep mode and smooth touch controls.
- Visual indicator for air quality.
- 3-layer purification filters.
- Not ideal in humid climate conditions.
- KENT 45 Watt Room Air Purifier
Kent Aura air purifier is perfect for a room size of 270 sq ft. It uses Japan’s HEPA technology to make the air pure, pollution free and healthy. Kent Aura air purifier has 8-hour timer function and 3 different speed levels for customized requirements. It also has one touch child lock feature and filter change alarm.
Model: Aura- 45 Watt Room Air Purifier
- Anti-Bacterial Coated HEPA Filters.
- Filter Change Alarm.
- 8 Hour Timer with Auto off Function.
- Silent Operation.
- Carbon Filter Removes odour from Air.
- Easy to operate.
- CADR: 180 m3/hr.
- Has inbuilt ionizer – not suitable for people with respiratory issues.
6. Philips 1000 Series AC1215/20
The Philips 1000 Series AC1215/20 is the best portable room air purifier with Aerasense technology and high performance.
VitaShield IPS (Intelligent Purification System) Technology comes with Auto Mode & Allergen Mode that filters 99.97% ultrafine particles as small as 0.02 micros, allergens, bacteria and viruses and provides hassle-free air monitoring based on real time PM2.5 levels.
- AeraSense Technology.
- Dedicated pollution, allergen and bacteria/virus auto modes.
- Covers room size of upto 24-41m2.
- 100 percent ozone free.
- CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate) of 333 m3/hour
- Removes up to 99.9% bacteria.
- Effectively reduce harmful gases such as formaldehyde, TVOC and odour.
- A bit pricey.
- The filter needs to be changed once in a while.